Weekly Announcements from Pastor Valerie Brown-Greenly, Senior Pastor
I hope you are having a good week! We had a wonderful worship service and farewell for Pastor Tim this last Sunday! During the course of that morning, we found that a catalytic converter had been stolen from one of our member’s cars. The police were called and a report was made. Given that this trend has now ‘drifted’ into our community, I have made arrangements for our parking lot to be monitored during worship services and other major events on our calendar. I want you to feel secure that when you are attending worship or a major event at the church, your car will be secure while you are in the building. While we can’t guarantee absolute satisfaction, we will have taken every measure to make sure that cars are not vandalized on church property. If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to me through email, text or cell.
Confirmation and Spirit Time continue this week. Wednesday evening supper will be served from 5:30-6 pm. All are welcome!
Looking ahead: Peace will be hosting Trunk or Treat on Halloween this year! The Men of Peace will be serving hot dogs, chips, hot cider and coffee. We hope you will host a car in the parking lot from 5-6:30 pm. With that, we need everyone who can donate bags of candy for the little trick or treaters! You may drop off candy during the week or Sunday mornings! Please let me know if you can decorate and host a car! We will provide the candy!
Peaceful Country Boutique is October 28-30
**Confirmation students can earn service credits for helping. **
- Set up on Thursday, October 27 and Friday, October 28. Help skirt tables, place merchandise out and some pricing (sit down job), set up Book Nook and Granny’s Attic, kitchen food prep.
- During boutique hours – help assisting customers with shopping, cashiers checking out (sit down job) and helping diners Friday and Saturday during mealtime.
- Rearrange shopping areas on Saturday after 2:00 pm and help put away merchandise on Sunday, after 12:00 pm.
- Homemade lefse, baked goods, jams, jellies, crafts.
- Supplies: paper and plastic bags, tissue paper for wrapping fragile items.
- Granny Attic area: home décor items in good condition (holiday and general).
- Book Nook area: good condition paper back and hard cover books, including children’s books.
Operation Christmas Child goal is to send 100 boxes. There are just a few sticky notes left to complete our goal. Need three compasses to be purchased and two cash donations of $10 for shipping. One box to ship is $10. Please label your check or envelope with Operation Christmas Child donation. All donations should be brought to the church by this Sunday, October 16. Thank you to all the people who have donated.
Looking ahead to All Saints worship on Sunday, November 6. You will be able to purchase a white rose in memory of your loved ones. To order a rose, forms are available on the table in the entryway by the Office door. The Men of Peace will be hosting a pancake breakfast that morning!
I hope you have a good week. Take care… be safe….
Cell: 612-280-6493 Email: [email protected]
Church: 763-757-4459 Email: [email protected]